August - I learned that a single day in Santa Barbara with my very best friend is a great way to spend the day! Taking the train was relaxing, the weather was gorgeous, the food delicious, and the day delightful.
September - I learned that I do not like the distance when Dad is in the hospital. A 16 day hospital stay was way too long and hearing his weakened voice was frightening. I'm happy to report that he is improving! I want him around for a lot more years.

October - I learned that God protects His own. When my father-in-law was abducted at gunpoint at General Conference, the protection of God was amazing. Not only was Pops unharmed, he DROVE away from his abductor with one of his credit cards still in hand.
November - I learned that God is still healing! Les' eight day hospital saga was not fun, but seeing God turn the tables was amazing! When the doctor told Les we were looking at possibly another surgery, Les prayed that God would start healing. God's reply? "I already have."
December - I learned that watching the faces of those in need receive a gift is a beautiful thing. When our church hosted Toys for Tots, more than 50 needy children and their families were in attendance for our Sunday morning service. The US Marine Corps has done a fantastic job with this program for 60 years now - hats off to them!
2 comments:
Loved your posts on Lessons Learned in 2008. Isn't it amazing how many things we can learn if we have an open heart, or even opened eyes. Love you and Les - Have a Wonderful New Year with the joys and blessings that you two so justly deserved.
It's been quite a year. So glad to back in touch with you via blogging. Love you and all the Hoppers! Maybe we'll even see each other in 2009.
Post a Comment