Since we were going to be doing a lot of independent exploring, I wanted to make sure I had the apps I needed. Being the organized geek that I am, my apps were all neatly in a folder on my phone...
The first one you see was the one we used the most. MAPS.ME! I had read quite a few reviews and this was the mapping app that came highly recommended. Our phones were on airplane mode 99.9% of the time from when we left LA until we got back. Our international roaming charges for our trip were less than $2.00! The key was downloading the maps before we left home. It took a little time, but was completely worth it.
We have been using TripIt for more than a decade. Everything is so easy to organize, just forward your travel confirmation email and it's done.
The Viator app was a must have. I could access all my tickets without being online.
The Princess MedallionApp is great onboard and seems to be improving since last year. Eurostar and Rail Europe had our train tickets. BigBusTours is what I used while we were in Paris. The great thing about it was when we connected to the bus WiFi we were able to see where our bus was, what our next stop would be and get an idea of when we would be back to our starting point.
And finally, Google Translate! We only needed this while we were in France, but we really needed it! Big cities like Paris typically have English speaking people, but Bayeux was a different story. This helped us communicate and also helped us in translating menus.











No comments:
Post a Comment