Sunday, June 11, 2023

The London Eye (Day 3, Part 2 of 3)

I spent some time yesterday trying to get some posts written and scheduled. I was having trouble keeping track of days and parts, so I created a list and a schedule. By looking through our itinerary and our pictures, I came up with tentative titles... for FIFTY posts!  My plan is one post per day, so it'll be July when I finish. I promise they will not all be history lessons. Some of our days were spent playing, others we learned, others we paused to remember, and some days we did a bit of all that.  If you find the historical parts boring, please feel free to just look at the pictures!
 
 
The London Eye, or the Millennium Wheel, is a cantilevered observation wheel on the South Bank of the River Thames in London.  FYI - it is NOT a Ferris wheel. It is Europe's tallest cantilevered observation wheel, and the most popular paid tourist attraction in the United Kingdom with over three million visitors annually.
 

Our tickets to the London Eye were for 4:30.  What that meant was we could join the queue at 4:30.  It was actually pretty quick, from the time we got in line until we were up in the air was less then 30 minutes.


Join us for a 30 minute trip!























It was dinner time when we stepped off the Eye and we found a delightful place that I'll write about next.  I'll also tell you about a little mystery that had us scratching our heads...

No comments:

Verse of the Day