The Jewel of the Seas has several specialty restaurants. Giovanni's Table was our choice for the night. Italian food on our anniversary? Of course!
I'm having a difficult time recalling everything we ate, because we ate a lot and everything we ate was fantastic! This was definitely the best meal on the cruise. They didn't just bring bread with olive oil to the table. They also brought roasted garlic, sea salt, and olives!
| Olives! |
Then we ordered appetizers - I had Caprese salad and Les had a meat and cheese platter. For our main dishes I had ravioli, Les had Filet Mignon, and we also split gnocchi. We had the sweetest server. She is from the Philippines and would be leaving the ship in a couple of days to fly home. Like many of the workers on board, she had been on the ship for seven months and would be taking a two month break before returning. I don't think working on a cruise ship is for the faint of heart or the lazy. They work long hours and many of them send money home on a regular basis.
And finally dessert! I don't remember exactly what this was, some kind of olive oil cake with a flavored ice cream. Our server did not like the idea that we ordered the same thing, but it was what we both wanted! She also brought Panna Cotta and the staff all came out and sang happy anniversary to us!
It was very difficult to get a good picture due to the window, but here we are... 25 years later and more in love than ever!
1 comment:
Thank you!
Post a Comment