Here is the entire menu. Les and I opted for Diet Coke instead of wine They are not listed, but I know there were olives on the table, too!
The back of the menu had verses about each food item we consumed. Everything was really good. There was a large variety, but small portions.
We shared a table with three other couples and really enjoyed our meal. All the couples had started their trip with extra time in Rome. Les and I thought it was odd how they all mentioned feeling unsafe in Rome. Les and I never felt that way. They also talked about how much their suitcases weighed - one had to pay extra because theirs weighed 65 pounds. That's almost twice as much as what ours weighed!
| "Veni, Vidi, Vici ~I came, I saw, I conquered" |
We were given some free time to explore "Ephesus Park." This is really just a small shopping area that included the restaurant where our lunch was served.
| "Veni, Edi, Requievi~I came, I ate, I rested" |
The soldiers put on a good fight.
The winner!
Before boarding the bus once again, we sampled Turkish Delight. Turkish Delight is sweet with a chewy consistency, it has dried fruits and nuts with a covering of confectioner's sugar. It was invented by Bekir Effendi, who moved from his hometown Kastamonu to Istanbul and opened his confectionery shop in 1776. Fans of The Chronicles of Narnia will know this is the treat that Edmund loved and the White Witch fed him to get information.



No comments:
Post a Comment