| Bill McElhaney - "Pops" |
| Cousins - Scott Robbins and Les |
| Ella Crabtree |
| Aunt Bobbie, with her son, Allen, and his son-in-law, Bill Hobson |
| Brian and Barb Abernathy |
The weather was a bit crazy. It was warm on Tuesday, a storm blew in and dropped more than three inches of rain. The Gulf of Mexico was really rowdy!
After the storm, the temperatures plummeted to the 30s on Wednesday. It was sunny, windy and cold, but after sitting so much Monday and Tuesday - I went running and Les went for a bike ride anyway!
The Gulf was calm once again.
This clan knows how to make a great camp fire to keep everyone warm. Cousin Scott gave lessons to any who wanted to listen and learn...
| Scott's son, Dusty, trying his hand at chopping wood! |
Before we knew it, it was Friday morning and time to start making our way back to Atlanta. Sliding glass doors make taking selfies really easy!
We stopped at Cracker Barrel in Dothan, Alabama. I don't usually play this game, but Les was on the phone and I decided to give it a try. "Genius" on the first try!
| I'm married to a genius - he won the game while talking on the phone! |
It was dark when we traveled through downtown Eufaula, Alabama on the way down on Monday. I was glad to see it in the daylight. I love big old homes!
We got to see one more branch of the family - we stayed with Shana and Tara Crabtree in Atlanta on Friday night. We met them at Gumbeaux's. Spicy red beans and rice, with a side of hush puppies, was just the ticket after turkey and dressing. I didn't take a single picture of the family or food, but both were exceptional!
We experienced winter for a week and now we are happily back in the land of palm trees and tropical breezes!
2 comments:
Loved your Thanksgiving Day images! Saw Bill Hobson and the Abernathys, people we know well. My, what fun that all looked like. Fun, fun, fun! My own family would sooooo enjoy an annual Thanksgiving campout like that, for sure!
*hugs*
Kelley~
The family has been camping out during Thanksgiving for over 50 years! We took a break and went to Gatlinburg for a few years, but Wewa drew everyone back. Lots of fun and food.
Post a Comment