Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Already There

Much is being said and written about the new year.  Dreams, hopes, plans, goals, resolutions, desires.  I've seen "Verse of the Year" and "Word of the Year" - ideas that intrigue me.  How do you choose a verse or a word for your unseen future?  I've heard people say, "This is my life verse."  And I'm amazed by that.  How does one single verse fit a lifetime?  I have so many "favorite" verses!  A verse that fit 2010 wasn't relevant to where I was living in 1985.   Snatches of verses come to mind, "my times are in thy hand," "great peace have they which live thy law," "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me," "I've never seen the righteous forsaken or his seed begging bread."  Verses that hold great meaning in my life.  I could never choose just one.  (I don't have one favorite song, either!)

I was thinking about all this when I was in the car this morning.  I heard the song "Already There" by Casting Crowns.  It was the reminder that I needed.  Yes, I need to make plans for 2014, but I need to leave the outcome in the capable hands of the One Who is already there.
Already There

From where I'm standing, Lord it's so hard for me to see
Where this is going and where You're leading me
I wish I knew how all my fears and all my questions
Are gonna play out in a world I can't control

Oh, oh

When I'm lost in the mystery to You my future is a memory
Cause You're already there, You're already there
Standing at the end of my life waiting on the other side
And You're already there, You're already there

Oh, oh, oh, oh

From where You're standing, Lord, You see a grand design
That You imagined when You breathed me into life
And all the chaos comes together in Your hands
Like a masterpiece of Your picture perfect plan

When I'm lost in the mystery to You my future is a memory
Cause You're already there, You're already there
Standing at the end of my life waiting on the other side
And You're already there, You're already there

One day I'll stand before You
And look back on the life I've lived
I can't wait to enjoy the view
And see how all the pieces fit

One day I'll stand before You
And look back on the life I've lived
Cause You're already there, You're already there
When I'm lost in the mystery to You my future is a memory
Cause You're already there, You're already there
Standing at the end of my life waiting on the other side
And You're already there, You're already there

You are already there 

So whether you're excited or nervous about the upcoming year ~ remember, He's already there.

No comments:

Verse of the Day