Thursday, February 14, 2013

To My Valentine

Dear Les,

On this day that we celebrate love, I wanted to review the vows we repeated on May 25, 1991:

I, Kathy, take you Les, to be my wedded husband.
Other than deciding to follow Jesus, this is the best decision I ever made!  You're not only my husband, but my best friend, my partner in adventure and travel!  When we were on Oahu for our honeymoon, I know neither of us ever dreamed that 2013 would take us to Hawaii for an extended stay, but we're together, in the will of God, and that's what matters.


To have and to hold, from this day forward, 
I don't regret that we waited on the holding part until our wedding day.  Our courtship was so fun, filled with getting to know each other while waiting on the physical.


for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer,
We've had it a lot better than many.  We've survived multiple job losses and been through times of great blessing.  With God on our side, it's definitely been better and richer.


in sickness and in health, 
When I think about how sick you were our first week in Hawaii, I have been overwhelmed with thankfulness that I was there with you.  I can't imagine how horrible I would have felt if you would have been 2500 miles away and that sick.  I wasn't able to do much, feed you NyQuil and pray, but being with you was so important to me.


to love, honor and obey, 'till death do us part. 
You're so easy to love!  And you've never caused me to want to dishonor or disobey you.  You don't lord over me, you lead my example, you're loving and kind and so fun!

Happy Valentine's Day to my forever sweetheart!

4 comments:

Notions from Nonny said...

Happy Love Day to an amazing couple!

Kathy McElhaney said...

Same to you and Bro. K!

Anali V said...

What a sweet post :)
Wonderful example to all us young folks out here ;)

Anonymous said...

Just read this post. So so precious! God has definitely had His hand on you two and I am so glad you two are my Peeps! You and Brother Peep are such a great example to me and I'm so glad God brought you two together and to Burbank!
Love you much Peep.
I'm praying for you.

Chlo

Verse of the Day