Tuesday, February 26, 2013

E Komo Mai!

Aloha!  E Komo Mai ~ Welcome, come in!

I'll be throwing in a few Hawaiian phrases today while I give you a tour of our hale (house) at Discovery Bay.  There are two towers, 42 stories each, over 600 units.  We are in room 1319.



Below is our floor plan.  The entry way leads to the living room, with the lua (bathroom), then kitchen to the right.  Only rooms ending in 6 or 9 (06, 09, 16 and 19) have a lanai (porch or balcony.)  We were very excited to have a lanai, it makes the unit seem much larger!


Ho'okomo (enter, come in)...


Because our floors have light carpet, we ask our guests to walk kama'a 'ole (barefoot)


One of the things we are really happy about is our view.  What we couldn't figure out was why the TV was placed front and center, blocking the view!

It's really hard to get the lighting correct when taking pictures of our view!

As you can see, we changed that!  We don't even own a television, so we're certainly not interested in having one blocking our amazing view!


I'd much rather look out at the ocean than watch some silly TV show!



Just a standard bathroom...


I miss our double sinks just a little

Our bedroom with a view of the mountains...



We have filled our closet!



 There are plenty of linens...


I'm very thankful for this washer and dryer, right in our condo!


And a full kitchen with microwave and stove...


Dishwasher and double sink...


and refrigerator...

Of course, what you really want to do is sit out on our lanai!





Mahalo (thank you) and Kipa hou mai (come visit again!)

2 comments:

jennifer lord said...

Very nice!

Mrs. Kelley Dibble said...

HOME SWEET HOME, girl! I love it! Is it not perfect for you two?

What an AWESOME view (not the TV, girl)! Positively breathtaking!

Thanks for the tour! I enjoyed it.
Kelley~

Verse of the Day