Saturday, February 23, 2013

DQ and AMFM

Rainbow sighting at the end of my run this morning!
We have really settled in to our condo at Discovery Bay (I'm working on a grand tour post.)  I have found the perfect grocery/everything store!  Don Quijote has everything and the prices are great!  I've been calling it Don Q's, so it won't be confused with DQ (Dairy Queen.)  Soymilk was $2.97 at Don Q's, while it was $4.98 at Walmart.  It's a little over a mile from our condo, so I only buy what I can carry home.  I have made four trips in the five days we have been here!  Les went with me today (after a quick stop at Walmart) and we rode a taxi home with all our loot!


I also visited the Ala Moana Farmers Market (AMFM) today.  They had an interesting variety, but I can see that I need to get there earlier.  Hours are 8:00 a.m. to noon on Saturdays.  I didn't get there until about 10:30 and they were running out of some things. 

 

I got some amazing peanut butters - banana macadamia and mango macadamia.  I also got Lilikoi honey and banana bread.  And those little beauties on the plate - Mmmm!  Basil, sun dried tomatoes and cheese wrapped in fresh croissants, pulled right out of the oven while I was standing there!


Have you ever carried groceries home?  How far did you have to walk?

2 comments:

jennifer lord said...

Yay for good grocery shopping!!

I only carry my groceries as far as my car is parked (and I usually purposely park pretty far away from the store).

Caroline (Jane) said...

Nope. I but I don't live close enough to a store I would shop at so....

However, the grocery store is my fav-or-rite place to shop. ;-)

Verse of the Day