Les and I were chatting with a young lady from our church on Sunday about the lessons he taught. She had two very good questions and I hope we had two very good answers! I know many of my readers are young adults and teenagers, like this young lady. Digging for answers is a good thing! Understanding God's word is extremely important. Here are her two questions and answers we gave her.
Q1 Why couldn't the religious leaders and Romans see that Jesus was God? How could they abuse and crucify Him?
A The Romans didn't care what Jesus did unless it interfered with their own wealth or pleasures. Their main concern was keeping the Jews under their thumb. The religious leaders were jealous of Jesus' following, but I also believe they were blinded (John 12:38-40) Ultimately, there was absolutely no stopping Calvary. Jesus was the Lamb, slain from the foundation of the world. (Revelation 13:8) Jesus came to this earth for one purpose and it would be fulfilled. Romans, Pharisees, Sadducees, Pilate, and Herod all played a part in fulfilling God's plan of redemption.
Q2 Why does Satan only attack Christians? Why doesn't he go after other religions?
A Satan only goes after those who believe the truth. Those who are already blind don't concern him. The only way Satan has to hurt God at all is to attack His children. I blogged about the book "Demon: A Memoir" here, it was a fascinating read that gave me much to think about. The main thing I took away from that book is that Satan hates it when man is given mercy. We fall over and over and the blood of Jesus is there for us. We are forgiven time and again. Satan fell once and was never given a second chance. He hates it when a sinner repents! He is so jealous and he knows that destroying Christians is his only way of getting back at God.
I mentioned yesterday that Les talked about all the hours leading up to the death of Jesus. Jim Bishop wrote an incredible book about that subject called "The Day Christ Died." Originally published in 1957, this book takes the four Gospels and puts them all together in order. I highly recommend adding this book to your library.
2 comments:
Those are questions that many have. You answered them so well. I really need to check that first book out. I'm surprised its not in my husbands library with the hundreds of books he already has, lol.
Hope you are going well in the land of paradise. I'm praying for your dad that he has a complete healing.
Love and Prayers,
Frances Kendrick
Thanks, Sis K!
Post a Comment