Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Unspeakable Joy

Don't forget!  This blog will be going private this Sunday, January 20th.  If you still want to read it, please go here for the all the details!

While driving to and from Fresno last Monday to visit my Dad, I listened to satellite radio. I bounced between "Praise" (black Gospel) and "The Message" (contemporary Christian.)  The morning DJs seemed like they were still asleep.  Both stations played one slow song after another.  Things picked up on the way home.  I heard an old, old favorite, it's a classic 80s song and I woke up humming it today.
UNSPEAKABLE JOY

Verse:
When I think of how He brought me through
and how, how the Lord changed my life;
my soul, my soul is overwhelmed.

Chorus:
I've got joy, joy, joy,
Unspeakable joy.
I've got joy, joy, joy,
Unspeakable joy.

Bridge:
Joy unspeakable, full of glory,
Joy unspeakable, pathway bright.
Joy unspeakable, full of glory,
Joy unspeakable, burdens light;
Every time I think of the goodness of the Lord.

Vamp:
Sopranos:
I've got joy, unspeakable joy;
I've got joy unspeakable.

Altos:
Joy, unspeakable joy,
I've got joy unspeakable.

Tenors:
Unspeakable joy,
I've got joy unspeakable.

~Douglas Miller


If that doesn't bring joy, you might need to check your pulse!

1 comment:

mzzkimi said...

Loved that song then... Love it now. Brings back so many memories!!

Verse of the Day