Thursday, January 3, 2013

Undoing Damage

The daily email from Hungry Girl yesterday addressed undoing holiday damage.  Her first paragraph said this:
First of all, try not to panic. What's done is done. The best thing you can do is to put it behind you and move forward with a good attitude!
The rest of her advice was all about getting back to the basics.  Clear out all the holiday goodies, stock up on fruits, veggies, and lean protein, and increase your activity. 

I must confess that my eating has not been good the past couple of months, but that has all changed!  The pies, ice cream, cookies and candy are all gone.  I've stocked up on healthy foods.  My activity level has stayed pretty high and I'm sure that is what has kept me from losing complete control.  But I'm not liking the number on the scale, so I know the best way is back to tracking EVERY.SINGLE.BITE.  No one forces food down my throat, so this is an area over which I have complete control.

We started revival last night with Evangelist Michael Disotell.  The title of his message was "Taking It Back."  Have you lost some things spiritually?  Did you take a holiday from the things of God?  You can take back whatever you have lost.
First of all, try not to panic. What's done is done. The best thing you can do is to put it behind you and move forward with a good attitude!
Bro. Disotell preached from I Samuel chapter 30.  The Amalekites had burned Ziklag and taken all the women and children captive.  Verse 8 says, "And David enquired at the Lord, saying, Shall I pursue after this troop? shall I overtake them? And he answered him, Pursue: for thou shalt surely overtake them, and without fail recover all."

So many people think they can never be used of God after they make a mistake.  God wants repentance and a heart that is ready to follow after Him.  He is ready to restore when we are ready to pursue!

Let 2013 be the Year of Pursuit.

3 comments:

Caroline (Jane) said...

Love this! Needed this! Thanks! :)

Kathy McElhaney said...

We were on the same wave length today!

Jennifer Connell said...

Amen! Thank you for this post!

Verse of the Day