Kim and I saw Dad in San Francisco yesterday. While we were there, we met 3 doctors who answered our many questions. We came home feeling much better about Dad's situation. He's got a ways to go, but he's on the right road.
The infection in his back is a staph infection. He also has an infection on the front right abdominal muscle. They are treating both of these with one form of antibiotic.
He also has a prostate infection. This has been the cause much stomach distress - he hasn't been able to keep much food down for the past 10 days or so. They are treating that with another form of antibiotic.
For now, they are working to get the infections under control and they will send him back to Pacifica. When the infections are completely cleared up they will deal with the hardware in his back (the screws from his surgery are loose.) They are continuing light therapy as his pain levels can tolerate it.
When the doctor came in he said, "You're looking better today." Dad said, "That's because my girls are here." Ah. We love our Dad!
I gave him the prayer cloth and showed him a picture of the Sunday school kids who are praying for him. I told him people all over the country are praying for him and he appreciates it very much. More than antibiotics, more than doctors or surgery, prayer is what he needs most.
7 comments:
Your poor dad is really going through it! But God is able and we are praying along with all the others across the countries. And praying for you, too. Love you! And I didn't see you at Ladies Day. :( Were you there?
I'll be praying for your dad, Kathy. Dads have our hearts, don't they?
I'm glad to hear this report! God bless him and your family.
Thanks, y'all.
Jennifer ~ I didn't make it to Ladies Day because I went to San Francisco. I heard it was really good. Missed you :(
I'm glad he is doing better. We will continue praying for him.
Missed you too! :( Yes, it was incredible.
Glad he's improving. We'll keep the prayers coming for him.
Post a Comment