Psalm 30:5 "Weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning."
Psalm 30:11 "Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing: thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness;"
When I started working on this post, I had no idea that these two verses were in the same Psalm!
October 10, 1998. We gathered in Mom's hospital room, listening to the doctor. We had known for a few months that Mom was in the final stage of cancer. That morning the doctor told her there was nothing more they could do to treat her. He then asked what she wanted as far as life support. Mom had an oxygen mask on, she slowly pulled it down and said one word, "Nothing."
My weeping began then.
A few hours later, Mom lifted her hands in worship, spoke in a heavenly language, peacefully put her hands back down, and stepped into eternity.
Her joy came immediately.
My joy would take a little longer as I waded through every emotion that is associated with a loss of this magnitude. I still miss her. There are I times I just want to talk to her, she knew how to listen and encourage me when I was down. I miss her hugs and her subtle humor. I miss seeing her mix up something chocolate in the kitchen or send an "I Love You" sign my way. I'm sad that she hasn't seen the many blessings that have come our way. Our family misses her when we gather, graduations, birthdays, weddings, holidays, they aren't the same without here. But the joy of knowing she made it turns my mourning to dancing!
My Joy
Verse
Oh Lord, You have turned my morning into dancing
Over and over and over again
Oh Lord, You have turned my sorrow into joy
Over and over and over again
Chorus
You have been my shield
The lifter of my head
You are my Joy
You are my Joy
And I will always worship
I will always worship You for You
You are my Joy
And I will always worship
I will always worship you
For You, You are my joy
You are my Joy
Bridge 1
You turned my morning
Into dancing over and over
Over and over and over again
~ words and music by Trent Cory

2 comments:
I am sorry for the loss of your Mom, but I am so encouraged by your story. You're mom has a new body now and her prayers come down from heaven instead of going up. I just think that is so awesome!
Beautiful post !
Post a Comment