Monday, October 1, 2012

October 1st ~ Where You Stood (VAD)

Here we go ~ Verse a Day using the Photo a Day Challenge list!

The story in Exodus chapter 32 is an example of how quickly we humans forget God's goodness.  Moses was on the mountain with God receiving the Ten Commandments.  Because he delayed the people became impatient.  They said to Aaron, "Up, make us gods, which shall go before us; for as for this Moses, the man that brought us up out of the land of Egypt, we wot not what is become of him."  And it continued downhill from there.  When Moses came down, "he saw the calf, and the dancing: and Moses' anger waxed hot, and he cast the tables out of his hands, and brake them beneath the mount."  After destroying the calf and giving Aaron a talking to, verse 26 tells us what happened next:
" Then Moses stood in the gate of the camp, and said, Who is on the Lord's side? let him come unto me. And all the sons of Levi gathered themselves together unto him."
A line was drawn in the sand.  Who was going to stand on the side of righteousness?  Like the Levites, I want to stand on the Lord's side!  In a world that is continually doing evil, I want to be found standing on the side of righteousness and holiness.
The B-I-B-L-E,
Yes that's the book for me.
I stand upon the word of God,
the B-I-B-L-E! 
 Where do you stand?

No comments:

Verse of the Day