James 1:17 "Every good gift and every
perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights,
with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning."
I'm so glad for the many good and perfect gifts from my Father. I thought I'd share a few different translations of this verse:
Amplified Bible: Every good gift and every perfect (free,
large, full) gift is from above; it comes down from the Father of all
[that gives] light, in [the shining of] Whom there can be no variation
[rising or setting] or shadow cast by His turning [as in an eclipse].
God's Word Translation: Every good present and
every perfect gift comes from above, from the Father who made the sun,
moon, and stars. The Father doesn’t change like the shifting shadows
produced by the sun and the moon.
The Message: The gifts are
rivers of light cascading down from the Father of Light. There is
nothing deceitful in God, nothing two-faced, nothing fickle.
NIV: Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.
New Living Translation: Whatever is good and
perfect comes to us from God. He is the One Who made all light. He does
not change. No shadow is made by His turning.
1 comment:
I too am thankful!!
Post a Comment