This was not a single trucker doing his thing, but one of a fleet of trucks. With a little Googling, I was able to find Jesus Christ is Lord Travel Center. Founder, Sam Kohli, says, "Hollywood has portrayed a different image, an image that portrays Jesus Christ as trash as a bad word.... Some customers said they didn't want their goods transported in trailers with this message. So, they're not customers anymore," Sam stated emphatically. "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God unto salvation." There are 115 trailers and some 60 truck/tractors (a few are owner-operated), bedecked with the phrase "Jesus Christ Is Lord, not a swear word."
I love this! As a person who does not care for swearing of any kind, the use of Jesus Christ as a swear word is the one I find the most offensive. How dare you take my Lord's name in vain! The name that brings comfort and peace. The name I call in times of distress and sorrow. The name that brings salvation ("Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved" Acts 4:12)
There will come a day, when even Hollywood will know the power of the name! "Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." Philippians 2:9-11
I thought of so many songs that sing His name, but this one is a favorite!
THERE’S JUST SOMETHING ABOUT THAT NAME
Jesus, Jesus, Jesus,
There’s just something about that name.
Master, Savior, Jesus
Like the fragrance after the rain.
Jesus, Jesus, Jesus,
Let all heaven and earth proclaim.
Kings and kingdoms shall all pass away.
But there’s something about that name.
The next time His name is on your lips, make sure it's said with praise and reverence!


2 comments:
Amen! I love that Name - Jesus.
This is so fun! I've never seen such!
Post a Comment