Friday, September 23, 2011

Happy Fall, Y'All!


This year has flown at lightning speed! It's hard to believe that today is the first day of Fall. I was looking at sayings and poems about Fall and found this:
In the other gardens
And all up the vale,
From the autumn bonfires
See the smoke trail!

Pleasant summer over
And all the summer flowers,
The red fire blazes,
the grey smoke towers.

Sing a song of seasons!
Something bright in all,
Flowers in the summer
Fires in the fall!
~ Robert Louis Stevenson, Autumn Fires
The last line really grabbed my attention. I don't think of cozy bonfires and roasting marshmallows. "Fires in the Fall" look like this in my neighborhood:


Obviously, I'm praying that we don't have any fires this Fall!

I still like the idea of Fall. In fact, I made Pumpkin Muffins this morning. I made one slight change and they are delicious!

1 spice cake mix
1 15 oz can pumpkin
1/2 cup soy milk*

1. Mix all ingredients together
2. Pour into greased muffin tins
3. Bake at 350 for 23 minutes

* For years I have made these muffins with just the cake mix, pumpkin and about 1/4 cup of water. They are good, but very dense. I decided to add 1/2 cup of milk and they really turned out good. The taste is the same, but they are a little lighter. And my house smells wonderful!

Nutritional info: 116 calories / 1.9 g protein / 24.3 g carbs / 1.1 g fat / 1 g fiber / 3 WW Points plus per muffin. Makes 18 muffins

No comments:

Verse of the Day