Saturday, September 4, 2010

Picking Up a Hitchhiker

We went for a bike ride this morning, my third of the week. We stayed off the trail and went up Santa Susana Pass Road. When we got to the top we rode down the Valley side (the San Fernando Valley, not Simi Valley) before going back up and coming home. It was a great 15.5 mile ride.

As I was going down the Valley side, I felt something hit my knee. At first I thought I had been hit by road debris, but when I looked down I discovered a hitchhiker! But this hitchhiker was very ungrateful. It didn't appreciate the ride I was giving at all...


My hitchhiker was a bee that proceeded to sting me!

This is the first time in my 46 years that I have ever been stung my a bee. Just another reason why NOT to pick up hitchhikers!

3 comments:

Girly Muse said...

Ouch! Your first time to be stung, though? That's something! Sorry~ they hurt!

Kathy McElhaney said...

It's really something because we had a very large bee hive at the house we lived in when I was in Kindergarten. I guess I got really good at running from them!

Cyndi Kaye said...

I think I only got stung by a bee once too. My mom took us camping by a river once and I was walking around barefoot most of the time. Well, on my way from the campground to the river, I stepped on a bee and it stung me. Guess it didn't like to be stepped on. LOL!

Verse of the Day