Friday, July 9, 2010

Friday Foodie - What to Feed a Training Cyclist

24 hours from now Les will be pedaling his way through the Death Ride. I can't tell you how many training miles have gone into this, but as long as the weather cooperates I expect him to do just fine. My job has been to cheer and feed him! Carbo-loading is a bit overrated, so we haven't had pasta every night for the past month. Here are some of the things we've eaten this week:

Spicy Shrimp Fried Rice
Pasta with Marinara Sauce
Italian vegetables
Fruit Salad
Smoothies every morning (his have a banana and extra vitamins thrown in)
Lasagna and salad last night.
NO sweets (that's him, not me!) I do have some No Pudge Brownies with me that he can have after the ride.

The "last supper" will not be pasta, it will be pizza! I don't know exactly why, but it works. I guess it has the right amount of carbs, but not too much.

2 comments:

jennifer lord said...

Spicy Shrimp Fried Rice - The picture of this dish (in your link)is making me hungry! Good thing it's lunch time!

Kathy McElhaney said...

Jen,
It's a good one!

Verse of the Day