
I have been having wonderful smoothies for breakfast lately! Here are two variations:
Soymilk Smoothie
2 cups light Silk soymilk (chocolate or vanilla)
1 cup frozen fruit (strawberries, blueberries, etc.)
2 scoops Recoverite
Blend and enjoy!
If you are a Weight Watcher you will get to check off both your dairy boxes for the day and two of your fruit boxes! This is about 6 points, but will definitely hold you until lunch time. You could probably reduce it by using a different protein powder or smoothie mix instead of the Recoverite which is specially formulated for endurance athletes (yes, running 10 miles counts as endurance!)
Fruit Smoothie
2 cups Diet V-8 Splash
1 cup frozen fruit (strawberries, blueberries, etc.)
2 scoops Recoverite
Blend and enjoy!
This one is lower in points (only 3) because the diet Splash is only 10 calories per cup. Of course you're not getting any dairy, but you can get that later in the day.
I have one of these every morning when I get back from running.
No comments:
Post a Comment