Friday, July 30, 2010

Friday Foodie

I didn't try any new recipes this week, but I did get a high compliment from Les. "This is the BEST pizza you have ever made." Pizza? How hard can it be and what made it so great? I racked my brain trying to figure out how I earned such a compliment! Here's all I did:

Ingredients:
Rosalie's Marinara Sauce
1 refrigerated pizza crust
Sliced tomatoes, bell peppers, olives, turkey pepperoni
Mozzarella cheese

1. Make Rosalie's Marinara Sauce, per instructions found here.
2. Roll out crust, sprinkle Italian seasonings and garlic salt on crust. Bake approximately 7 minutes, using temperature on package instructions (350, I think.)
3. Take crust from oven, top with warm marinara sauce, vegetables and pepperoni. Bake another 7-8 minutes.
4. Take crust from oven, top with cheese. Bake 3-4 minutes, until cheese is slightly brown.

So what made this so special? I think it was two things - the seasonings on the crust before it was baked and the fresh, warm marinara sauce. I'm guessing warm sauce on warm crust is much better than pulling sauce from the frig and slapping it on cold crust! I've never worked at a pizza parlor, so I don't know how it's done professionally, but this really worked for us!

5 comments:

Mary Frances said...

My brother makes THE BEST HOMEMADE pizza EVER!!! AND its all cause I CHALLENGED HIM! LOL! :) I'm NOT allowed to give out the recipe though! He's such a DORK!!!

Cyndi Kaye said...

Ooooo YUM! I want to try this! So, do you put the pizza crust directly on the oven rack?

Kathy McElhaney said...

Mary,
I'm SURE your Italian brother makes excellent pizza! Les just said this was the best ever made by ME!

Cynthia,
No, I put the crust on a baking pan. I think it would be a little messy - the crust is the consistency of biscuit dough at this point.

Mary Frances said...

HAHAHA!!! Pizza sounds SOOOO good right now!!! Unless it's Peter Piper OF COURSE!!! :)

Karen J. Hopper said...

You continue to be bad, and set me up for being hungry the whole weekend. LOL BTW: The pizza sounds so good, and I normally don't like pizza.

Verse of the Day