Monday, May 4, 2009

The Drowned Rat Look

I was scanning some pictures for an upcoming post and came upon some that made me laugh! These were taken at Six Flags Magic Mountain in September 1989. I had known Les for ONE MONTH and this was the first time I had gone south to visit him. We had seen each other a total of two times prior to the weekend pictured.

It was a very hot day. VERY. HOT. We had been riding rides and decided to ride Tidal Wave. Well, not everyone in our group decided to ride. Darla, Les and I rode. This was the result:



Why in the world would I share such pictures? At the end of this very fun day, while my friends and I were getting ready to drive home, Les said, "You scored big points riding the Tidal Wave. Not every girl would do that!" He'd seen me all dolled up. The real question was - will she sacrifice looks for fun or sit out the fun just to look good?

To all my single friends - don't stress over having every hair in place all the time! Pentecostal girls know how to look good, but learn to have FUN in life! If you want to get soaking wet - do it! If you want to go hiking - go for it! Don't stop yourself from enjoying life because you're worried about what Mr. Might-B-Right is going to think. If he truly is Mr. Right, he's going to love you for exactly who you are!

After almost 18 years of marriage, we still have fun together. From letting our nieces and nephew try to bury us in sand...


To smooching under a sign in Gatlinburg!

When you're married to your best friend, drowned rat or dolled up, it's all good!

6 comments:

Caroline (Jane) said...

What a cute post! And so true!

Girly Muse said...

amen, sister!!! great pics!

Anonymous said...

Love those pictures especially your new header. So sweet!
Heather

Kathy McElhaney said...

Caroline, Lori, & Heather,
I could have an entire blog of pictures and not run out for years!

Heather,
Can you believe it's been 18 years? Time really does fly when you're having fun!

Anonymous said...

Peep-Those pictures are so cute!! I love your new header pic-it's so cute! :) You just never know what Mr. Might-B-Right just might be thinking! lol :)
Love,
Chlo

Kathy McElhaney said...

Hi Peep!
What I was really trying to say, but in a nicer way is "Don't let any losers keep you from having fun!!"
Love you!

Verse of the Day