Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Naples - Day 3

First of all, thank you everyone for your kind birthday wishes, comments, emails, and ecards! I had a wonderful 45th birthday and am so thankful for all my friends and family!

We have now made up for sleeping in so late on Saturday and Sunday. Les had to be in the ballroom for his conference at 8:00 a.m. yesterday and today. He decided to take advantage of the fitness center here and got up at 6:15 both mornings! I stayed up yesterday, but did go back to sleep for a while today. We check out at noon and fly out of Ft. Myers at 3:00, arriving back in Los Angeles at 8:30 tonight.

So how did I spend my last full day in Naples? Shopping of course! I don't know if you could really call what I did shopping, more like browsing. I have a hard time parting with money, especially since last week I went to Kohl's and bought 3 jackets (1 casual, 2 for church) for a total of $50. One of them was only $13!! In fact, I was looking for a top to go under that $13 jacket and was not willing to spend $30 for one...

I found quite a few places to shop/browse that included Steinmart, the Waterside Shops, Coastland Center, and Books a Million. I think I spent the most at the book store! I did enjoy going to the pet store in Coastland Center. You don't see pet stores in malls very often and they had so many cute puppies! I wanted to cuddle them all!

Last night we went Roy's Hawaiian Fusion. MMMMMMMM... What an incredible place. When we made reservations there was a place for "special occasion" - so we put it was my birthday. The entire staff seemed to know. They put streamers on our table, I got a free appetizer and a free desert, and every staff member that came to our table wished me a happy birthday! Here's a picture of my desert... (the only picture taken all day!)


We didn't get a sunset last night - it was cloudy and smoky! There are wildfires burning here in Florida, so the sky was like the sky in California in October. It even smelled like home. It seems clearer this morning, so hopefully they're getting the fires under control.

Well, I need to get packing. Next blog will be from California!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Next time you find yourself in Naples give us a call. We would love to go to dinner with you.
Dana Harpole Schultz

from facebook

Kathy McElhaney said...

Hi Dana!
We will definitely call you next time. We really enjoyed ourselves in Naples.

Verse of the Day