I made baked ham, Potatoes Anna, glazed carrots, a bread wreath and strawberry shortcake. It was good, if I do say so myself! And Les said I didn't need to, because he said it for me!
This meal started with the potatoes. I saw the recipe in Woman's World magazine and they sounded so yummy. Then it was a matter of what to fix with the potatoes! The recipe, of course, did not call for anything low fat, but I substituted what I could.
1/2 cup low fat Swiss cheese, shredded
1 Tbs. low fat Parmesan cheese
1 shallot, thinly sliced
1 Tbs. chopped parsley
1 lbs. red potatoes cut into 1/4"-thick slices
1 Tbs. butter (low fat, I Can't Believe It's Not Butter)
1. In small bowl, stir together Swiss cheese, Parmesan, shallot, 1/2 Tbs. parsley; reserve.
2. Melt butter in 10" nonstick skillet over medium heat.
3. Arrange 1/3 of potato slices in layer in skillet, overlapping slightly. Sprinkle with half of cheese mixture. Repeat layers, ending with potatoes. Cover skillet. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook until potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife, about 50 minutes.
Uncover, cook until browned on bottom, 5-10 minutes. Remove from heat.
4. Run nonstick spatula around edge and under potatoes to loosen from skillet. Place serving plate over skillet. Invert potatoes onto plate; remove skillet. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 Tbs. parsley.
Everything went fine until step 4. My potatoes stuck big time! I think I lot most of the bottom layer, so inverting onto a plate was out of the question! But they still tasted very good. I may have needed more margarine or some olive oil. Or possibly the heat was too high. I'll figure it out, because I will definitely make this again!
Nutritional info: makes 4 servings, 217 calories/3 g fiber/4.25 g fat per serving (4 WW points).
The ham was a spiral cut that came with a glaze packet, so I just followed the instructions and it turned out great!
Carrots
1/2 pound peeled baby carrots.
1 Tbs. margarine
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 Tbs. orange juice
2 Tbs. orange marmalade
Cook carrots, covered, in a water until tender.
Heat butter, stir in remaining ingredients, simmer 5 minutes. Add carrots.
Nutrition info: Makes 4 servings, 162 calories/5 g fiber/2.5 g fat (2 WW points)
Bread wreath
1 package bread sticks.
Separate per instructions and twist two sticks together. Form a "wreath" with the twisted sticks. Top with parsley and bake 8-10 minutes at 350.
I had to tear it apart to fit on the plate.
No comments:
Post a Comment