
We had two great services yesterday. (Well, I guess we had three, since we also had our Spanish service, but I wasn't in that!) Anyway, in our Sunday morning and Sunday evening services our Youth Department put on an Easter drama. With a three week revival in March, practices were few, but they pulled it off! There was a special tenderness in our young people and it was beautiful seeing God use so many of them. The soloists were anointed and when the youth choir sang "No Greater Love" God's power filled the house. Because "that's not how the story ends, three days later He rose again, that's love!" I had to get on my feet and worship!
Special thanks to our youth leader, Bro. P.J. and Sis. Megan White, and their assistants, Bro. David and Sis. Breanna Gonzales. It was awesome, y'all!
And big props to my hubby! Les played "Amazing Grace" on his trumpet. He has not played his trumpet much at all in recent years, especially since his neck surgeries. He did fabulous! He had some technical difficulties Sunday morning, but Sunday night was awesome! The song went from the key of F to Bb to Eb to Gb! Quite a range, and he had about 2 weeks to prepare!
It was a great weekend!
2 comments:
I love Easter. Love seeing the new faces in the congregration and their reaction to the Spirit. So good to hear that your services were awesome, and that the Lord was moving in Burbank too. Love you.
I didn't get a chance to tell him on Sunday but send my praise to Bro.McElhaney on a job well done on the trumpet! His song added a special touch to the drama.
Love you!
Viv
Post a Comment