Wednesday, September 18, 2019

A Long Awaited Return


Les and I are headed on our next adventure this Saturday.  We are going to the Philippines!!!  Pastor White has been overseeing the Apostolic Missions to Asia for quite a few years now and I have been wanting to go so much!  Thirty five years ago I took a missions trip to the Philippines (I wrote about it here and here) and all the pictures on this post are from that trip.  It's taken us a few years to finally get this trip on our schedule, but now we are ready to go.


We fly out of LAX on Saturday night and arrive in Manila at 4:30 a.m. Monday morning.  Yes, it's a long flight, but we also cross the international date line and lose a day in the process.  We are then flying to Cagayan De Oro on the island of Mindanao.  We will be participating in the Mindanao Leadership Training.  Les and I are both teaching, so please pray for us!


We leave Mindanao on Saturday and have about a day and a half in Manila before flying home.  We leave Sunday night at 9:00 and get into Los Angeles Sunday night at 7:30, getting our lost day back in the process.


I will be sharing photos using Google Photos.   Hopefully this link will work!  Of course I'll do lots of blogging when we get home.


We appreciate all your prayers for safe travels, but most of all that God will use us to bless the Filipino people!

No comments:

Verse of the Day