My sister, Kim, is the oldest of the Fultz Four. She was born on April 23, 1959 (hopefully she's not reading my blog and isn't ready to strangle me for revealing this fact!) I was born five years, four days and two brothers later!
When I turned 2, Mom wrote in my baby book, "I guess we'll always celebrate with Kim. This year we went to Storyland. On the date we had cake and ice cream. Grandma Luella, Marie and Esther came to help us have fun."
Storyland is a fun little place found at Roeding Park in Fresno. It opened in 1962 and admission today is still only $5 for adults and $3.50 for children. "At Storyland, fairy tales come to life. Follow the path through the Park and find Humpty Dumpty, “three little pigs,” Mother Goose, Alice in Wonderland, witches, pirates, a castle and much more. Use your magic key to unlock our talking boxes and listen to stories of adventure and danger, fantastic worlds and heroic journeys."
![]() |
| Jack and Jill falling down the hill while Krysten and Lauren fetch a pail of water |
I don't remember celebrating my 2nd birthday at Storyland, but I certainly remember going there many times as a child and later taking my nieces, Krysten and Lauren. There's something special about seeing a book come to life!
We've definitely had our share of sister spats and ups and downs but I'm so thankful to have a sister to celebrate life with!




No comments:
Post a Comment