Tell us about the blog post you were most nervous to publish — and what it was like to set it free.
I've had a few posts that I was nervous about publishing. The funny thing is, those were posts that I got a lot of positive feedback on. I've received negative comments through the years, but they've usually been on posts that I hadn't given a second thought to when I published them. The internet is a strange place sometimes!
Here are the top posts that I was most nervous about publishing:
UNCLE - My very first post
I was pretty nervous about joining the blogging world but I'm so glad I did! I really enjoy writing (usually) and I have met some great people through this little place on the world wide web. I love it when I get a comment from a far away friend. (Hey you? Yes, you, reading right now? Leave a comment some time! Just say Hi!)
Peace that Passes Understanding
This was the post I wrote after our house was broken into while I was in it. I was still struggling with fear (honestly, pretty much a basket case!) and I didn't want to dwell on it. I know that fear can feed fear and I didn't want friends/family to freak out and cause me to freak out even more.
A New Adventure!
This was the post I wrote when I made my blog private and announced Les' job change. We were already in Hawaii at the time, although I had worked on that post for several weeks. Up to that point the only people who knew about our situation was our families and Pastor and Sister White. Things had been up in the air for months but I had not written about it at all on my blog. I was nervous about writing this because I was nervous about the big change that was taking place in our lives!
My Hero
I had been blogging for several months before I wrote my first post about my brother, Rod. He was so special to me and it was hard to put into words just how much he meant to me. I was completely overwhelmed by the many comments I received on that post. I'm not the only one who loved and misses him!
All in all I prefer to keep my blog positive, not because I want to avoid mean comments, I just want to encourage people or make them think or smile when they read here. So if you need a laugh today, please read Great Car for Sale, Yo! It's about our experience with buying a car from Craigslist on Oahu.
No comments:
Post a Comment