Thursday, October 12, 2017

McBRAAM Week 2... Meanwhile on the Home Front

Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta
 Les and Lance continue to make their way across the country.  They will finish today's ride in Oklahoma!  This will be the fifth state and they should cross the 1400 mile mark, which will put them approximately half way.  They've had a few tough days this week with a lot of wind but I can tell they are having the time of their lives!  If you're not reading their blog, you are missing out!  Go HERE.


It's not all just pedaling and eating.  There's a lot of laundry going on!


Meanwhile, on the home front...

We had Santa Ana winds on Monday that knocked one of our trees down.  We knew it wasn't healthy and needed to come down, the wind just gave it a little help.  I have a tree removal company coming today and they'll be taking a second tree down as well.  The years of California drought were tough on our trees.


I noticed on Tuesday that the water coming out of the faucet wasn't as hot as usual.  I couldn't get any hot water yesterday.  I wasn't sure what to do, so Google to the rescue!  "How to Re-light a Water Heater Pilot Light..."  A few posts later, I found a very helpful video that showed the exact same dials that are on our water heater.  Five minutes later the pilot light was back on and I got a hot shower yesterday afternoon!

Les gave me this mug when we were dating!  It's been getting a lot of use while he's been gone.

The David Abbott family is going to be in church with us for the next couple of weeks while Pastor and Sister White are in the Philippines.  Last night Bro. Abbott said most people don't say "I love you" very much.  I kinda had to chuckle, because if he could see the texts between Les and I, he would know we are not most people!   I am so glad he is having a great time, but I am really missing him.  I guess these little blips on the home front are keeping me a little busier to help the time pass more quickly.  Looking forward to being reunited soon!


2 comments:

Mary Frances said...

Yaaaaaaaaaaayyy the Abbott's are there!!!

Kathy McElhaney said...

That's what I said!!

Verse of the Day