Tuesday, July 21, 2015
The Katy Trail
We are settling in here in O'Fallon, Missouri. Les and his team are working hard and I'm reminding my legs that running in heat and humidity will not kill me! I ran three miles yesterday morning right from our hotel. This morning I was looking for something a little longer so I drove... and missed my turn... and drove... and turned around and drove some more!
I finally reached my destination - The Busch Greenway Trail Head. From there I followed the trail, climbing over a downed tree...
and after less than a mile I was on the Katy Trail. The Katy Trail runs 240 miles of the former Missouri–Kansas–Texas Railroad. Running largely along the northern bank of the Missouri River, it is the country's longest Rails-to-Trails trail. The nickname "Katy" comes from the phonetic pronunciation of 'KT' in the railroad's abbreviated name, MKT.
Since I got a late start, I only ran 5 miles, but I plan to do a lot more running in the area now that I know where to go. As long as I'm faster than this guy, I'll be happy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment