Monday, July 6, 2015

One Thousand Miles!

Note:  I'm still working on my Esther post.  The holiday weekend had me a bit distracted, so I'm giving her another week.  There's just too much there to write a hurry up post.

Some days I run, some days I ride, and some days I do both!

I got up this morning with one goal in mind - ride 15.24 miles or more.  My total distance of running, walking and cycling as of yesterday was 984.76.  I ended up riding 15.56 miles and have now crossed the 1,000 mile mark for 2015!

I haven't crossed 2,000 miles in a single year since 2011 but that is my goal for this year.  I started out a bit slow - the first quarter I had 379.01 miles.  January was my lowest month due to the flu.  Things started ramping up in the second quarter with 579.24 miles, bringing my year to date total to 958.25 for the first half of the year.  One run and two rides later and now I'm at 1,000.32 miles!

Two weeks from now I'll start training for marathon number 4 - the Revel Canyon City Marathon.  This may sound strange to some, but I love the whole marathon training process!  It's a lot of work, but I love knowing what I'm going to do in the morning, how far and how fast I need to run.  Intervals, easy runs, long runs - it's all part of the process of reaching the goal!

My running blog has been pretty boring lately, but with marathon training starting up I'll be posting my weekly plans and results there.  It is still private like this blog, but if you're interested in reading it, send me an email or leave a comment and I'll add you to my readership.

No comments:

Verse of the Day