Pastor White used our Bible study time to allow those in Bro. Hood's generation (ages 20-40) to express some of their feelings. He asked them to answer two questions:
1. How have Bro. and Sis. Hood helped to inspire you to live for God? (Revivals, Pacific Coast Camp, Youth Alive)As Pastor White let them get their thoughts together, he talked about how Bro. Hood served his generation. He was so young, but he knew what he believed. He lived it and preached it. Paul said in Acts 13:36, "David, after he had served his own generation by the will of God." Pastor White encouraged our young adults to serve their generation.
2. What has his passing, at age 30, caused you to want to do for God before you die?
Over and over our young adults talked about how the Hoods had impacted them. Several themes were repeated - Bro. Hood's preaching and Sis. Hood's singing and worship. They lived through trials but always came to church to worship. They were filled with joy.
I remember the first time the Hoods came to Burbank. I think it was about seven years ago, before their little girl, Jaelyn, was born. It was the first time that I realized I was old enough to be the mother of our evangelist! But Bro. Hood was mature beyond his years. This past Sunday night he preached his final message, "Where is the Sacrifice?" He challenged us that just living for God and coming to church is not a sacrifice. There is work to be done!
At times like this we often ask "What can I do to help?" One simple way is to buy Sis. Hood's CD "I Am A Miracle." It is available on iTunes. If you've ever been blessed to have the Hoods in your church, you know what a great singer she is. She blessed our church many times, she is a worshiper. She directed our choir Sunday night which was a huge blessing to me personally. I loved watching her!
Please keep Sis. Carmen Hood, little Jaelyn, and the entire Hood family in your prayers.

No comments:
Post a Comment