We took a road trip this past weekend and it was a whirlwind! We drove up to Fresno Friday afternoon. Les was up bright and early Saturday morning and headed to North Fork for the 22nd Annual Grizzly Century bike ride. I got up not too long after he left and went for an eight mile run. Then it was time to get ready for Ladies Day at Truth Tabernacle.
The guest speakers at Ladies Day this year are very dear to my heart - our very own Pastor and Sister White! Sis. White did an excellent job as she spoke about prayer. There is nothing more powerful than a praying woman. Sis. White had Sis. Caroline Rogers and her daughter, Stephanie Barnes, sing the song "If I Have To." There's no "if" about it - we have to stay on our knees.
I'll stay on my knees if I have to
I'll fight to the bitter end
I will not be defeated
Cause I've put all my trust in Him
So say what you please
I'll stay on my knees
Praying for you… if I have to.
Pastor White's title was "Thank God for the Preacher's Wife." Such a powerful message! From the time I was 8 until I was 27, I did not have a pastor's wife, but I have been blessed by many preachers wives who have helped me in my journey.
The Tarazons and I were the last ones out of the building! So many friends to see and hug and talk to! From one month old Avaughna Mantooth (I taught her mother, Tara, in Sunday school) to dear Irene Wilkinson (who taught me in Sunday school) and so many in between.
Les and I enjoyed Sunday morning service at Truth Tabernacle, our first since Elder Morton retired. It is wonderful to see the church in good hands with Bro. and Sis. Tim Lackey. It's always good to sit with my aunt and uncle, Joyce and Ken Gilstrap - I'm so glad they are part of Truth Tabernacle.
We didn't get to visit with very many because we had lunch reservations with Kim, Rodney, Lauren and Krysten, so we slipped out before service was completely over. We met for lunch at Sakura Chaya. Catching up while watching our chef prepare our meal was a lot of fun. And we even took a few pictures before hitting the road! We made it home just in time for Sunday night service in Victory Tabernacle!
These three, right here, mean the world to me! Love them SO much! (That can be said about the picture above and the picture below!)



No comments:
Post a Comment