Yesterday morning I went for a trail run. Three and half miles uphill, then it's all downhill on the way back. I started seeing bear tracks just before the two mile mark. These tracks were a little different than normal. I usually just see tracks that are going UP the trail. Those are the tracks I saw at first, then the tracks reversed direction and they were coming back DOWN the trail. It definitely made me wonder where in the world that bear was! Poor thing, if he's looking for water, he's not going to find it.
I made it to my turn around point and started down. About a quarter of a mile later, there was Les on his mountain bike! A quick "Did you see the bear tracks?" and we went our separate ways.
Just before the four mile mark, I felt a sting on my upper right arm. I looked down and there was a bee! He was stuck to my top, trying to sting me. My arm is still itching this morning, so he succeeded.
Not long after that, Les reappeared. We traveled side by side for about 2 1/2 miles - enjoying our own sport and each others company. It was a beautiful morning to be out and, as Les put it, "Better the bear running from you and the bee chasing you than the other way around."

No comments:
Post a Comment