2 scoops Recoverite
2 tablespoons Peanut butter
1 Frozen banana
2 cups Almond (or Soy) milk
1-2 cups Baby spinach
Throw it all in the blender and you have a green shake that tastes like a peanut butter shake! It's very tasty, but I felt the calories were too high for me. The total is almost 600 with 15 grams of fat! I cut the recipe in half and it was plenty, but I still felt the peanut butter portion wasn't worth it- even though that is what made it taste so good! Enter an email from Hungry Girl:
Dear HG,
I recently bought PB2 for the first time, and don't know what to do with it! How do I use powdered peanut butter, and what are some recipes I can make with it?
Puzzled 'Bout Powdered PB (read the answer here)
I had never heard of powered peanut butter before. After a little investigation, I learned that 2 tablespoons of PB2 = 45 calories with 1.5 g of fat versus 180 calories with 15 g of fat in the creamy peanut butter in our pantry! You just add water to make it... or put the powder directly into a smoothie!
I decided to give PB2 a try and ordered some from Amazon. To save shipping costs, I had it shipped to California and it was waiting for us when we got home. It blended really well and tastes great! I haven't tried making it with water and I'm not sure if it would make a good sandwich, but I think it would probably work well in baking, too.
Have you ever tried powered peanut butter or some other powdered food? Like or dislike?

5 comments:
I love PB2!! I have never thought to put it in a smoothie. I like them on peanut butter & jelly though.
Hope you are well!!
Hugs,
Frances
Notions from Nonny
So it works on a sandwich? I'm going to have to try it!
I love PB, I sure would like to try it.
can u get it at any store?
I couldn't find it in any stores.
I started using it a few months ago and really like it. I don't put as much water in the mix as it calls for because I like it thhhhick. :)
Post a Comment