Running, much like life, has its hills and valleys. On any given run, and particularly in most marathons, we come across easy stretches and seemingly impossible challenges. I have learned to just keep going. The tough moments never last, and the easy stretches are always a joy. The same is clearly true in life, if we just keep going we'll get to that finish line with water, massages, and bananas!
~Will Starr, Runner's World Challenger of the Week
After reading it, I thought how I could blog about life and running. Especially how similar they are. But what is waiting for us at the finish line is far greater than water, massages, and bananas! Seeing Jesus face to face, eternal life and heaven!
I didn't get a chance to work on this post before I headed out for my own run this morning. I was a little slow - I had pushed pretty hard yesterday morning before we headed to the airport. Just before the 2 mile mark, I was on a little stretch of dirt that connects two sidewalks, when...
I stumbled over a root and went down HARD! I landed on my right side - hand, arm, elbow, knee and shin, with a scrape on my left knee as a bonus. I was stunned at how quickly it happened! One second I'm sailing along, the next second I'm on my back (I tripped, fell, and rolled) and wondering where my Garmin got off to!
That is just like life! One day the sun is shining, life is good, but before we know it, we're on the ground. Job loss, illness, harsh words that cut deeply, sin, life. It can knock us for a loop. The decision is what are we going to do next?
Fortunately, I was near a restroom, so I hobbled my way in there and cleaned up the best I could. I walked most of the way home, very thankful that I was okay. Many hours later, I am scraped and bruised, but fine.
So when life throws you a curve ball, what are you going to do? Get back up! Dust yourself off and keep going!

1 comment:
Yikes! I'm so GLAD you're OK!!
I did one of these trip jobs during Outreach...no warning just wham! I like surprises but NOT those kind.
I'll pray you heal quickly. :)
Post a Comment