Last week was Missions Week at Victory Tabernacle. This is always a great time. Wednesday night was our Home Missions night. This year we had Pastor Andrew Masley and his family from Pomona. God has done great things for them! Bro. Masley told of many miracles that God has performed, allowing him to start up a work in a city desperately in need of God.
Missionaries Tom and Sandra Bracken were with us on Sunday. What great people of God! As Les was helping Bro. Bracken get a slide presentation set up before service, I got to visit with Sis. Bracken for a while. She felt called the mission field as a child and grew up living for God and waiting on Him. She told me when she was 16 she started praying earnestly for her future husband. What she didn't know at the time was God was working in the hearts of several US Navy Seals, bringing the gospel to them in San Diego. Bro. Bracken was one of those US Navy Seals! They have now been in Taiwan for over 30 years and God has done great things through them.
 |
| This picture is for the Bracken's sweet daughter-in-law, Tiffany. Wish you could have been here, too! |
You know, there is still a lost and dying world out there, desperately in need of a Savior. We're not all called to go to a foreign field, but we are called to work the field around us. It wasn't a foreign missionary that led Bro. Bracken to the truth, it was one of his friends, another US Navy Seal. That hungry soul on the job or at school may be the one God uses to reach a nation. I want to make every week "Missions Week" in my life.
6 comments:
Amen, girl! The Brackens are cream for sure. Sounds like a wonderful week at Victory!
Missions week! That sounds awesome :)
I love the Brackens! See you in a week and a half at Pacific Coast Sis. Kathy =)
I LOVE home missions. Always will! May God bless those that have sacrificed! See ya soon!
AWWW... Thank you so much! Since she has been gone from Taiwan since the day after Mother's Day. it was really nice to see her! As I have said many times, I am so blessed to be a part of the Bracken family. And I am equally blessed to be a part of what God is doing in Taiwan.
I DO wish i could have been there, too!
I loved Bro. Bracken's book. I couldn't put it down! Awesome story!!
Thank God for the missionaries!
Post a Comment