Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Plan B

While I was training for my first marathon, I read about having a "Plan B."  If the day wasn't going right, if weather was crazy, or if a sudden illness hit, maybe my time goal might not happen, but "Plan B" would mean finishing.  I thought that was a good idea.  When I knew hitting a sub 4 hour wasn't going to happen, I was still determined to finish, no matter how long it took.  Plan A was actually to finish strong and injury free, no time assigned to it.  So Plan B meant stick with Plan A!

Bro. Kerr preached an excellent message on Thursday night about things that tears cannot fix.  Decisions that take us away from God, that lead down paths of destruction instead of righteousness.  He said even if a person makes it back to God, no amount of tears of repentance can restore what was willingly given away.  Sin will leave scars.  He said some of you are already planning on backsliding and then coming back to God, but it will never be the same.  More than once he said, "Backsliding is not cool!"

On Friday night, Bro. Kerr talked about a young lady who walked away from God because she didn't find a husband as quickly as she wanted.  She had a "Plan B" in mind.  If God didn't provide, she would walk away.  She had already decided that backsliding was an option.

I have lived this way my entire life and I don't plan to change now.  I don't have a Plan B when it comes to my salvation.  There is only one way and I'm sticking to it.  It doesn't matter if my day isn't going right, if storms come, or illness strikes, Plan B is to stick with Plan A!
Jeremiah 6:16 "Thus saith the Lord, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls."

4 comments:

jennifer lord said...

Amen, so good.
I've heard him preach this a few years ago.

When you've done all you can to stand, Stand!

Notions from Nonny said...

I so agree! I'm not turning back now!

You hope and pray that they listen! It's not worth it!!
Anyways, things are so much easier with the Lord! :-)

Love and Prayers!

Hanna said...

So true! That was such a powerful service; I will never forget it!

It was nice seeing you at PCC and I guess we can say we've officially "met" now, although I have been reading your wonderful blog for quite a while already so I feel like I know you :D

God Bless!

Mary Frances said...

LOVE this post!!!

Verse of the Day