Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A Sweet Memory

On Friday night Les and I went to Universal City Walk.  We ate at Bubba Gump's.  Lt. Dan's Drunken Shrimp with Andouille Sausage, Bourbon Street Mahi Mahi, and Mama's Best Strawberry shortcake.  After all that, we really needed to walk a while!

City Walk is such a great place for people watching. There are also very unique stores.  There was the Flip Flop Shop and the Los Angeles Sock Market.  We sniffed our way into Sparky's where fresh donuts were being cooked.  We passed on the donuts, but enjoyed walking around looking at all the sweets.  Then my eyes landed on:



Flicks!!!  We use to eats these when I was a kid.  These little tubes of chocolate goodness seem to last a long time.  Lucky for us four Fultz kids, they came packaged in four colors so there was no dispute over which tube belong to which kid.

I sent the above picture to Dad and my siblings.  Rick replied with, "These are being made at a facility in Fresno. They bought the rights a few years ago and I met the owners a few months ago and had a nice chat about their product. I have very fond memories of these little pieces of chocolate magic as well."

Do any of you remember Flicks?  What was your favorite candy as a kid?

1 comment:

Caroline (Jane) said...

Yes! They were one of my favorite candy's.

Verse of the Day