Monday, May 21, 2012

Marathon Update

The Ojai to Ocean Marathon is now less than two weeks away.  My training is drawing to a close.  I received this quote from Runner's World this morning:
Training for a race is sort of like a metaphor for life—it shows you how important goals are, it shows you how much you are capable of, it shows you the power of dedication. I've never run 13.1 miles, but I know I can do it. I will do it. 
~Ashley Cadaret, Running: A Love Story, Other Voices blog, Runner's World.com
That's how I'm feeling about the marathon.  I've never run 26.2 miles, but I know I can do it.  I will do it!  I really am excited about completing my first marathon.  I don't know how fast or slow I'll be.  I'm sure I won't break any records, but I will set my own PR (personal record.)

My blogging may be a bit hit and miss the next couple of weeks.  My brain is pretty focused on running, so there will probably be more posts on McMarathon Moments, than here.  Run on over there, I'll be having a contest next week to guess my marathon finishing time.

It's almost summer time.  We're nearly half way through 2012.  Do you have any goals that you set in January that are working well for you?

No comments:

Verse of the Day