I think it was Wednesday night that Bro. Kelly said something in passing that really stuck with me. He was talking about going through life with the baggage of past sins. He then said, "Thirtyfold people spend 70% of their time dealing with the baggage on their back... "
He was referring to the parable of the sower in Matthew chapter 13. Verse 8 says, "But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold." I had never thought about it that way.
Bro. Kelly continued preaching and didn't expand on the thought, but it stuck with me. I keep asking myself "What is keeping me from bringing forth an hundredfold?" I don't carry the baggage of a sinful life, I've never tried drugs or alcohol, I was blessed to be raised in the church, but I'm not bringing forth an hundredfold.
The answers to this one are still coming.
No comments:
Post a Comment