Monday, May 14, 2012

Delayed Gratification


In this world of instant everything - from drive up ATMs, instant oatmeal, and great abs in just 8 minutes a day - delayed gratification is a concept many of us don't care for.  Why save cash when I can just use my credit card?  Why wait for anything.  I want it and I want it now!


It was with great delight that we celebrated my delayed birthday this past weekend.  Four days in San Diego.  Absolutely gorgeous weather.  Perfect company.  Great food.  It was worth the wait!


We spent the entire day Friday at the San Diego Zoo - I've got a ton of pictures to sort through.  I absolutely love spending a day at the zoo.  Staring at the variety of sizes and types, all I can say is God is the ultimate creative genius!

4 comments:

Notions from Nonny said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!! :-)

Jennifer Connell said...

Happy Belated Birthday to you! Looks like you had lots of fun, and you deserve it! ;)

Mary Frances said...

Happpppy dealayed birthday Sis. Kathy!!! ♥ya!!! :)

jennifer lord said...

Awww how cool! The San Diego Zoo is definitely a place I want to visit someday!

Verse of the Day