If you've been reading this blog for any length of time, you know I am a runner. I started running about 15 years ago and actually started calling myself a runner about 3 years ago. For several months now I've been unable to get away from the thought, "I want to run a marathon." I've thought it many times and said it to Les as well. Well today, I put my money where my mouth is... and... drum roll please...
I registered for the Ojai 2 Ocean Marathon!!

This is the finisher's medal. I love it! It is suppose to be mountains and waves, but I think it looks like a girl with curly hair.

Training begins January 1st. My longest run was 22 miles several years ago. I couldn't find any stats on it but I did find stats on a 20 miler that I did in 3:15. Add another six miles and I'm looking at about 4 1/2 hours. My first half marathon was under 2 hours, and the O2O is considered one of the fastest marathons around because it is mostly flat or downhill. So with a lot of training, I hope to finish in about 4 hours.
I plan to start a separate blog for my marathon training (McMarathon Moments, maybe?) Just as I can't let running be the only thing in my life, I won't let it be the only thing I blog about. But I had to share it with all my blogging buds!
4 comments:
Fantastic! Can't wait to read all about it!
How exciting!!! I'll totally be rooting for you!!! :)
AWESOME NEWS!!!!!
That's so exciting, Kathy!
Post a Comment