Monday, April 11, 2011

Precious Moment #09201989

The first one arrived in September, 1989 and they just kept coming. They fill an entire drawer now. Letters addressed to Miss Kathy Fultz...


From one Leslie McElhaney...


Stamps were only a quarter back then! I cherish each hand written note. Some on engineer's graph paper, some with amusing artwork, some pretty cards, latter ones with words of love and excitement for our upcoming wedding and life together...


Wouldn't you love to know what they all say??

6 comments:

Mary Frances said...

YES I WOULD!!! LOL!!! Awww...the days of handwritten letters through the mail seem VERY scarce these days!!! Guys never ask for your address anymore, its ALWAYS your email!!!

Oh btw- I tagged you in my blog post for a game!!! :)

Kathy McElhaney said...

I don't know many people who have a drawer full of emails! Those were special times.

I'll check your blog. You know I love to play along when I can!

Caroline (Jane) said...

Kathy,
I love letters! I have a box full of letters I got from my sister while she was away at Bible College that I will cherish forever! One in a blue moon I'll get them out and read them again. They still make me laugh! What great memories they bring.

I miss handwritten letters too!

Kathy McElhaney said...

Caroline,
It seems like you can "feel" the emotion of a handwritten letter that isn't there electronically. I need to write more!

Girly Muse said...

Yes, please! Give us a sneak peek. :)

Mary Frances said...

I know, I wish guys asked girls for their address still and wrote handwritten letters...would be NICE!!!

Verse of the Day