Thursday, July 22, 2010

Happy Birthday M&M!

Not the candy, y'all! McMoments and Memories, my little blog, turns two today! Thank you to everyone who has joined me the past two years. Blogging is a lot of fun. More than once I've said to Les, "Who knew I had so much to say?" He gives me the same knowing look each time, so I guess he did!
Upon Les' advice, I started using Google Analytics in February 2009 and here are some of the stats:

I've had 22,531 visitors from:
6 continents (hello, Antarctica??)
35 countries/territories,
including 46 states (come on Montana, South Dakota, Maine, and Vermont!)
The highest number of visits comes from:
my home state of California with 16,524 visitors
followed by Tennesse with 1,905.
Thank you Fresno for being the city with the most visits - 4,832!

I thought I'd share a few of MY favorite posts. If you're new around here, you might enjoy going back for a while. Feel free to tell me any favorite of yours.

My second post was titled "Memories," followed the next day by "Mom's Bible." These definitely set the stage for much of what I have written. Mom, and the memories she left, continue to influence me today. A couple of lighthearted "Mom" posts were "When Mom Became Grandma" and "Good Cake, Mom!" If you know our family at all, "Fultz's Funny Farm" will bring back a host of memories. I am not the animal collector that Mom was, but we do have "McElhaney's Menagerie."

There is a very special guest post by Les, "Her Price is Far Above Rubies," written after he spent eight days in the hospital. There are posts about when Les and I met, his proposal, our wedding, and so many adventures!

And finally, my most popular post with more hits than any other (per Google Analytics) is "My Hero." My first post about Rod. I've thought recently about how much fun Rod would have had with a blog. If you ever heard his answering machine, you know his blog would have been hilarious! But he also would have continue to be the encourager he was known for.

Thanks again for reading. Your friendship and comments make this blog a blessing to me!

9 comments:

Girly Muse said...

That's so great, Kathy! Happy Birthday. I love your blog. Your wisdom, positivity and love for the Lord is an encouragement to me every time I read. Keep talking! :)

Kathy McElhaney said...

Thanks, Lori!
So glad we've reconnected through the Blog World.

Tiffany Bracken: said...

Happy Birthday to you! I think it must be your influence that has caused Fresno area to be the most active area over on my site! Thank you a million times over!

Kathy McElhaney said...

I do believe the Brackens are special people in Truth Tabernacle, Fresno - I just had to help them find you!

Caroline (Jane) said...

Kathy,
Happy Birthday to McMoments and Memories!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely adore you and your blog. It is fun for me to keep in touch via this space. You have always been special to me. Thank you for your inspirational messages, words of wisdom, on-line bible studies, wonderful stories about your family, your sense of adventure and sharing your fun activities with your best friend, Les - what a great life :). You are a true example. Friday Foodies are great too :) Congrads on your 2nd year blogging....keep it up.

My very best always, Alisha

Doug said...

I'm one of those Tennesseans that follow!

Kathy McElhaney said...

Alisha,
It makes my day everytime you leave a comment. Your name brings back so many memories of wonderful times together!
Love you.

Karen J. Hopper said...

A Belated Happy Birthday. So glad you are a blogger. Enjoy so much reading your posts. Love ya.

Verse of the Day