Monday, June 28, 2010

PCC 2010


I want to start my "review" of camp with the best part - the preaching! I won't try to tell you every message, but I will tell you that Bro. Robert Davis and Bro. Gary Howard PREACHED the Word this week! They truly connected with the campers. Campers who "refuse to be a part of another generation." Campers who came to camp with hungry hearts and went home full. Campers who would flood the altar before the altar call was given.

Of course those same campers did everything in their power to beat the staff at whatever game they played! This included wiffleball, volleyball, basketball, softball and flag football! I do believe the staff won more than they lost, but the campers still had victory!


My part of camp is to schedule all the musicians, praise singers and soloists. To anyone who helped me this week - THANK YOU!! We had awesome talent at camp, but thankfully no one who thought they were better than anyone else - just lots of willing people! This is my fourth year with this responsibility and I am blessed each year by the good spirit I feel.

Sis. Pam Gregg directed the choir and it was fabulous!! I had a sneak preview of the songs because Les played the bass and I knew it was going to be good. There is nothing like 75 campers singing their hearts out. Again, the talent was outstanding!

We had a special treat on Thursday night - a brass ensemble. Bro. Larry Allred, Bro. Jonathan Kendrick, Bro. Kendrick Preston, and Les on trumpets along with Bro. Mike Truck on the saxophone. They played "How Great Thou Art" and it sent chills up my spine. It was beautiful!


Of course there was wonderful fellowship. I won't start naming names because I know I'll forget someone. I am SO blessed with the many friendships I have developed over the years. I definitely got in my quota of laughter for the week. Tuesday through Friday nights Bro. and Sis. Neuman and Bro. and Sis. DeAro prepared a feast after service. It allowed us to do what Apostolics love to do - have food, fun, and fellowship! All three were wonderful.


Yes, there is a story to these Dr. Peppers! One that I will not divulge, but one that brought much laughter! Laughter with one of my long time friends, one who is unforgettable!!! If these cans could talk...


One of my favorite comments of the week came from a sweet young lady from our church. On Thursday morning she said I looked tired. "I've never seen you with bags under your eyes before." Oh dear! Yes, I was tired but I didn't realize it showed so much! That's Youth Camp for you! But I don't regret a minute of lost sleep.

In case you didn't make it this year, you can plan for next year!







8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Dr. McPepper:
What an unforgettable time of fun, food and fellowship we had at camp! Those precious moments sharing past and present experiences together! :) Thanks for the unforgettable memories!

Love ya lots! Love your blog!

Kathy McElhaney said...

Dear Anonymous,

It was a blast this week! I'm glad we're not too old to make new memories and have fun. I will say I'm glad I didn't have to stay in the dorm to make those great memories!

Love you, too!

Anonymous said...

AMEN TO THAT SISTA DR. PEPPER LADY MIXER UPPER! :)

IF ONLY THOSE CANS COULD TALK....

Anonymous said...

Peep! I'm sorry I made that comment about how I can tell how much fun you were having by the look of your eyes! haha :) We all looked very tired...it was such a great camp though. I loved how powerful we were able to feel the sweet presence of God in every service. Love you!
EliPeep

Kathy McElhaney said...

It's okay, Peep!
I read my post from last year's PCC and I said something about YOU needing coffee!!! It's the sign of a great camp when we're all worn out.

It truly was a great camp. The cool thing about God is He keeps giving us more and helping us grow, no matter how long we've served Him.

Love you!

Jennifer Connell said...

I had a blast at camp! I also got alot from God, it was a wonderful week that I will never forget! Love the shoe post too! :) I recognize some of my friends shoes in there!

Kathy McElhaney said...

Hi Jennifer,
I'm so glad you enjoyed camp. I've gone to over 30 youth camps in my lifetime and I always come home inspired and filled with more of Him! (And a little worn out!)

Kathy McElhaney said...

Oops, make that I've gone to over 20 youth camps in my lifetime! I'm not that old.

Verse of the Day