Friday, June 18, 2010

It's Time!

I have lost track of the number of recent posts I have read about youth camps. They are going on everywhere! Pacific Coast Youth and Family Camp starts this Monday in Ventura! Yeah! It's time!

It seems I have been a "youth camper" my entire life. I attended my first camp as a nine year old and loved it! I received the Holy Ghost, 36 years ago today, on the first night of my second year as a camper and that pretty much sealed the deal. I never missed a year as long as I was eligible. Some years I went to Senior Camp as a camper and Junior Camp as a counselor. I just loved it!


The memories of fun times, new friends, crushes and blushes are wonderful, but the moments in His presence are unforgettable. There is just something special about a group of kids and young people gathered together.

I also met this wonderful guy at Senior Camp in my LAST year of eligibility as a camper!!


I'll always Believe in Youth Camp!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so awesome! :) I can't wait for camp in two more days!!! Love you Peep!

Chlo

jennifer lord said...

how funny, i also received the holy ghost at the first service of youth camp!

i'm sure this year will be another great year for pacific coast camp!

Verse of the Day