Wednesday, June 9, 2010

How Old Are You?


“Let’s consider your age to begin with—how old are you?” asked the White Queen.

“I’m seven and a half exactly,” said Alice.


“You needn’t say ‘exactly’,” the Queen remarked: “I can believe it without that. Now I’ll give you something to believe. I’m just one hundred and one, five months and a day.”


“I can’t believe that!” said Alice.
Last Saturday Les rode the Ojai Valley Century. He actually rode the Double Metric Century, advertised as 124 miles that ended up being 128 miles. Yes, in one day! I know he's amazing! The amazing thing is he rode with a friend named Karl. Who is 78!! Karl never slowed down, in fact he dropped Les as one point!

It's interesting how we perceive age and aging. Botox, hair coloring and five layers of makeup really can't hide a hard life. Just as high heels, sexy clothing and five layers of makeup do not make a 12 year old look 25! The real question is not how we look, but what are we doing with the time we've been given?

James 4:14 says "Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away."

1 comment:

Cyndi Kaye said...

Another good post! Since today is Rachel's birthday I think I'll copy the pic with the conversation and the scripture and make it into a card entitled - "Words of Wisdom on Your Birthday!"

Verse of the Day